Simba Technologies is the technology leader in data access and analytics software solutions that empower enterprises to access and analyze any data, anywhere, anytime. We provide “the glue” between front-end business intelligence applications and back-end data servers, ensuring that products interoperate across vendors according to established data standards like SQL, ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET OData, XMLA and MDX. Simba is the recognized expert in real time, standards-based connectivity. Our solutions in Big Data and traditional data warehouse markets allow connectivity with legacy and next generation business intelligence (BI), analytics, reporting tools and other applications.
Our reputation as a relational and multi-dimensional connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions. Companies worldwide, like Hortonworks, Google, Intel, Microsoft, Splunk, Tableau, Oracle, and SAP, have partnered with Simba to enable seamless connections. Literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day. Join us as marketing director today and help us grow to billions of users.
As an experienced and results-driven marketing leader, you are invited to join the seasoned executive management team at Simba Technologies. This is an exciting time to join the company. Already the market leader, Simba is growing at hyper speed and rapidly expanding its suite of enterprise connectivity software solutions.
The Marketing Director will be working closely with the CEO to define the global marketing strategy and effectively position Simba products and services to target customers. As a top marketing executive, you will be responsible for developing and executing a successful marketing plan that accelerates company momentum. You will own and enhance the company’s communications strategies. You will spearhead successful lead generation programs. You will build and mentor a high performing marketing team. The results you deliver will drive market awareness, capture leads, and ultimately propel Simba sales growth.
- Define a powerful marketing strategy, build a high performance marketing team, and oversee the execution of the marketing plan to meet and exceed marketing performance targets.
- Evangelize Simba’s messaging and positioning, ensuring consistency across the organization and marketing channels.
- Successfully position Simba as the industry leader, building far reaching market awareness and preference.
- Generate market demand for Simba’s expanding suite of industry preferred solutions for enterprise connectivity.
- Rapidly grow Simba’s database with well-targeted leads and nurture the leads to create sales opportunities and drive sales growth.
|Strategy & Planning
- Set the short-term and long-term marketing strategies in alignment with corporate goals; then define the annual marketing plan and budget to contribute to Simba’s continued success.
- Tailor the marketing plan to maximize Simba’s market awareness while driving leads, opportunities, and sales growth across all software solutions.
- Set measurable marketing goals, own key performance indicators, and drive results.
- Provide leadership and nurture a high performing marketing team, overseeing all marketing execution to ensure results are met and exceeded.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and manage industry/market research to identify strategic opportunities for Simba to gain a competitive edge and drive revenue growth.
- Manage corporate communications to share Simba’s technological vision with investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Embody the company culture, acting as a role model by demonstrating a strong drive, creativity, passion, company pride, and always striving for excellence while putting customers first.
Management & Operations
- Recruit, hire, train, and manage the activities and performance of marketing team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and hold performance reviews.
- Optimize marketing programs for maximum effectiveness with the appropriate mix of marketing tactics, including online marketing, social media, email marketing, industry events, webinars, and advertising.
- Effectively nurture prospects and leads to successfully shorten sales cycles and create high quality leads.
- Write effective product and industry content to position the company and products for success.
- Spearhead marketing programs to meet and exceed annual corporate objectives and to drive revenue growth.
- Design all required sales materials and tools to serve all sales channels and target markets.
- Leverage marketing systems and programs to optimize the performance of the marketing and sales teams.
- Represent and promote the firm in the marketplace through attendance and active participation at industry conferences and events.
|HIGH LEVEL QUALIFICATIONS
- Marketing Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree, or equivalent hard earned experience.
- At least 10 years of demonstrated marketing leadership experience within a high growth B2B software company, including a minimum 3 years of experience in a marketing director role.
- Experience in software OEM and/or ISV space would be an asset.
- Proven record in leading a high performance marketing team that contributed successful to corporate objectives in a high growth environment.
- Effective people manager with leadership track record in mentoring and motivating a marketing team.
- History of executing marketing strategies and programs that have consistently met or exceeded expectations.
- Seasoned professional with experience in developing demand generation programs that growth the sales funnel, nurture sales opportunities, and drive corporate growth.
- Team player able to work with (1) the sales organization to align marketing and sales strategies and tactics in order to meet sales growth objectives and (2) product management to spearhead successful product marketing initiatives.
- Experience with marketing software systems and the proven ability to use them to maximize impact of marketing campaigns across channels.
- Proven experience in brand marketing, strategic analysis, product positioning, and lead generation.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal/written/presentation) for effectively articulating a company’s position with customers and other stakeholders.
- Intelligent, strategic thinker with good judgment and the proven ability to execute strategy through successful marketing tactics and programs.
- Ability to build effective relationships with external vendors (e.g. conference organizers, design firms, media, etc.).
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills to get the best out of internal thought-leaders, peers, management, and direct reports.
We want to hear from you if you have what it takes to protect and enhance Simba’s market leadership position. If you have the drive, determination, and marketing savvy to be a strong contributor to Simba’s success, email your resume and cover letter, quoting position S440, to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about your proudest marketing accomplishment.