Software Development Manager
Do you want to build world class, high performance database software, but continue to live in Vancouver? Do you want to join a team of software developers who are passionate about what they do? Do you want to show your potential to the world?
Simba Technologies is looking for a strong development manager to join our expanding product development teams. Our market leading technology is used by the industry’s top databases and business intelligence vendors. From clients to Cloud to On-Premise we develop high-performing and high-volume data solutions to make it easy for other developers to create their dream products.
Simba Technologies Inc. is the recognized world leader in building full-stack data access and analytics products and solutions. Simba works with major companies like Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and Teradata to deliver the best-in-class relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity solutions. Literally, millions of people use our software every day.
Due to increasing demand for our products and solutions we are expanding our development teams and want to add bench strength to our management. We are looking for a successful manager who, starting with a small, high performing team will be able to develop it to support copmany growth.
- Desire to make a difference
- B.Sc. in Computer Science\related dicipline or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of experience in developing software products
- 2+ years of management and supervisory of a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and pass on experience to more junior talent
- Have used project management skills to ensure successful delivery
- Object-oriented design and programming experience
- Ability to read, use and apply design patterns
- Good command of English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity with excellent program solving skills
- Adaptability to a wide range of technical areas
- Critically provide review of requirements, design, code and testing
- Enthusiasm to actively contribute in a small team environment
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages – C++/Java/C#
- Experience and interest in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Web Services
- Experience developing software on Linux or other Unix platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with multi-dimensional data analytics
- Experience and understanding of SR&ED
If you have the drive and determination to contribute to our organization, email your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #S421 and telling us about your proudest managerial accomplishment, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Unfortunately, time allows us to only contact those candidates that are short-listed. No phone calls please.