Software Development Manager (New Position)
Do you want to build world class, high performance database software, but continue to live in Vancouver? Do you want to join a team of software developers who are passionate about what they do? Do you want to show your potential to the world?
Due to continued expansion and market success Simba Technologies, the industry’s source for standards-based relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity solutions, requires additional experienced software management talent. Already the market leader, Simba is growing at hyper speed and rapidly expanding its solutions to address the new and emerging needs in Business Intelligence and Database technologies.
Our most recent customers read like a who’s who of the Big Data, including companies like Google, Informatica, Intel, Microsoft, Cloudera, MapR and Hortonworks. Our growth is just one thing that drives us here at Simba; we are committed to ensuring our customers achieve their business and development goals. Our team is comprised of the region’s top talent, who share our code of ethics and passion for excellence.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Due to increasing demand for our products and solutions we are growing locally here in Vancouver and currently have over 80 people. We are looking for a successful manager who can build teams and deliver successful products.
- Share our passion for all things Data.
- Desire to make a difference
- B.Sc. in Computer Science\related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of experience in developing software products
- 2+ years of management and supervisory of a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and pass on experience to more junior talent
- Have used project management skills to ensure successful delivery
- Object-oriented design and programming experience
- Ability to read, use and apply design patterns
- Good command of English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity with excellent program solving skills
- Adaptability to a wide range of technical areas
- Critically provide review of requirements, design, code and testing
- Enthusiasm to actively contribute in a small team environment
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages – C++/Java/C#
- Experience and interest in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Web Services
- Experience developing software on Linux or other Unix platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with multi-dimensional data analytics
- Experience and understanding of SR&ED
If you have the drive and determination to contribute to our organization, email your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #S437 and telling us about your proudest managerial accomplishment, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Unfortunately, time allows us to only contact those candidates that are short-listed. No phone calls please.