Software Development Manager
Our (nice to have) problem – Simba’s business is experiencing exceptional growth!
Our need – An experienced software product development manager who can craft a high performance team from raw talent while satisfying demanding global ISVs appetite for new products.
Our solution – You! Wanting a challenge in the BI, Big Data space but not wanting to leave Vancouver.
Our timeframe – Now! We have the people in place but need the leader.
As part of the engineering community at Simba you will be using your hard earned experience to shape the next generation of developers while having fun delivering much needed, and demanded, connectivity products. You will be responsible for developing and delivering a suite of connectivity products to a broad range of ISVs. Maintaining relationships with these leaders in their space and gaining insight into the emerging Big Data, BI and Analytics technology and products are expected. You are someone that can cultivate talent while delivering products, can corral great ideas while pragmatically making decisions and create the long term through realistic steps.
Who we are
Simba Technologies is the technology leader in data access and analytics software solutions that empower enterprises to access and analyze any data, anywhere, anytime. We provide “the glue” between front-end business intelligence (BI) applications and back-end data servers, ensuring that products interoperate across vendors according to established data standards like SQL, ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET OData, XMLA and MDX.
Our reputation as a relational and multi-dimensional connectivity pioneer has made us the partner of choice for innovative enterprise data connectivity solutions. Companies worldwide, like Hortonworks, Google, Intel, Microsoft, Splunk, Tableau, Oracle, and SAP, have partnered with Simba to enable seamless connections. Literally, tens of millions of business professionals use our software every day.
This is an exciting time to join the company. Due to increasing demand for our products and solutions we are growing locally here in Vancouver and currently have over 90 people. We are looking for a demonstrably successful manager who, starting with a small, high performing team will be able to develop it to support company growth.
- Desire to make a difference
- B.Sc. in Computer Science\related discipline or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of experience in developing software products
- 2+ years of management and supervisory of a technical team
- Demonstrated ability to coach and pass on experience to more junior talent
- Have used project management skills to ensure successful delivery
- Object-oriented design and programming experience
- Ability to read, use and apply design patterns
- Good command of English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creativity with excellent program solving skills
- Adaptability to a wide range of technical areas
- Critically provide review of requirements, design, code and testing
- Enthusiasm to actively contribute in a small team environment
- Proficiency in multiple object-oriented programming languages – C++/Java/C#
- Experience and interest in Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Web Services
- Experience developing software on Linux or other Unix platforms
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with multi-dimensional data analytics
- Experience and understanding of SR&ED
If you have the drive and determination to contribute to our organization, email your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #S437 and telling us about your proudest managerial accomplishment, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Unfortunately, time allows us to only contact those candidates that are short-listed. No phone calls please.