Technical Product Marketing Manager
Are you a rock star Product Marketing Manager? Do you have an eye for UX, Enterprise Software Product design and awesome customer experiences? Are you passionate about data and technology? Do you have a proven record on identifying the right customer need…then delivering with the right product? If so, you may be the perfect addition to our team that is delivering world class solutions to the leading ISV and IT organizations that connects all types of data to enable more intelligence!
Simba is looking help drive product direction for the SimbaEngine SDK, Simba’s flagship development engine for creating Big Data or other Relational Data drivers.
This is a highly collaborative role that will gather and share information across the organization and from that market, then drive a set of requirements into the product development team. Ultimately you will be tasked with bringing it to market, secure user adoption, analyze market opportunities and trends and adapt as necessary.
As part of the go to market team you will work closely with the VP Sales & Marketing and the Engineering organization to educate internal and external audiences about the latest Big Data trends, Cloud architectures, Hadoop and NoSQL use cases, and Simba’s Big Data connectivity offerings. You can expect a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, Big Data geeks, creative marketers, and unconventional approaches.
Simba’s technologies supports thousands of deployments across all major platforms helping customers around the world overcome the architectural limits of today’s data integration in traditional Relational and Multi-dimensional data warehouses as well as new Hadoop and NoSQL environments. We empower their organizations to drive better business outcomes, in less time — with fewer resources and lower total cost of ownership.
- The Product Marketing Manager acts as marketing’s primary advocate on bridging multiple teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (including engineering, marketing, design, sales, product, etc.) to define new product features and functionality in partnership with Sales, Support and Customer feedback.
- Develop and execute detailed launch plans to support the internal and external roll out of new software and service solutions
- Be an expert on Simba’s buyers, how and where they buy and their buying criteria.
- Evangelism experience and mindset.
- A strong passion for the tech industry and the latest news, being a product geek and knowing the ins and outs intimately, and a strength in communicating with others creatively to help land our story
- Analytics and structured thinking. An ability to be effective at managing a complex execution in an efficient manner
- Forecast and help drive opportunities for products and set annual target revenues. Together with engineering create strategic product roadmaps to help improve product adoption and sales.
- Build exceptional demos and presentations designed to convey the value of Simba’s products
Work with Marketing to develop product marketing plans and sales support materials
- Assure competitive selling, pricing and market development.
- Set benchmarks and metrics and report on results.
- Conduct research and data analysis to support marketing initiatives, and stay current on industry technology advancements.
- Work with PR team to create and execute media plans/roadmaps based on editorial calendars, industry events, and target market needs.
- Act as spokesperson for SimbaEngine SDK products.
- Represent the company at industry events.
- 5+ years’ experience in product marketing in a high tech company ideally in: data integration, data processing, ETL, analytics, Hadoop, BI or data warehousing
- Experience creating and successfully implementing global product marketing plans for enterprise software products and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, science, arts, or engineering discipline.
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to gather input from technical and non-technical subject matter experts.
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to understand complex technical subjects and business benefits, and translate the ideas into clear copy.
- Ability to develop strategic plans for product, define pricing and campaigns, set target and goals and follow through with the sales team on product sales opportunities.
- Good technology background and be able to interface effectively and establish credibility and confidence with: Engineering, Sales, Customer Support, Marketing and Direct Customers.
- A sound working knowledge of the data warehouse, SQL, Big Data technologies industry would be an asset.
If you have the drive and determination to contribute to our organization, email your resume and cover letter, quoting competition #S433 and telling us about your proudest Product Marketing accomplishment, to email@example.com.