Simba’s MongoDB ODBC Driver makes it easy to explore your MongoDB data in Qlik Sense. This is a simple 3 step process: install, configure, explore! Follow the steps below or watch the video walk-through.
To get started:
- Set up and deploy a MongoDB instance
- Get an evaluation version of the Simba MongoDB driver
- Get a trial version of Qlik Sense Desktop
You’ll need to configure the MongoDB driver before you can use it.
- Click Start > All Programs > Simba MongoDB ODBC Driver > ODBC Administrator
- Go to the System DSN tab and select the Simba MongoDB ODBC DSN from the list
- Click Configure
- Enter your server details, including host address, port and database. If necessary, set up authentication
- Optionally, create a persistent schema using the Schema Editor button
- Click OK to exit the dialog and save your changes
Now comes the interesting part. Open Qlik Sense Desktop and click Create new app. Give your app a name and click create:
There are many more options for customizing your charts. You can put multiple charts on one sheet, and in the top right, you’ll find the button to add a new sheet. For more information on connecting the Simba MongoDB ODBC Driver to other ODBC applications like Tableau, Excel or SQL Server, see Simba’s Quickstart Guide.
Now is your turn!
Download a free evaluation version of Simba MongoDB ODBC driver and start exploring!