Simba Solutions for Oracle OLAP: XMLA EditionEnable powerful query and analysis of your multi-dimensional data.
Make better, faster decisions with real-time data from your company’s Oracle data warehouse.
Using your favorite applications like Excel, SAP BusinessObjects, IBM Cognos or Microstrategy, users can slice, dice, pivot and gain meaningful insight from their data. Relational or Multidimensional data architectures and Disk-based or In-memory storage architectures can navigate drill paths and write back for planning and “what if” modeling purposes. Companies like Starbucks, GM OnStar, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) have used Simba’s Solutions for Oracle OLAP for its interactive visualization, predictive modeling and data mining powering them with valuable data to make decisions.
Oracle OLAP is a world class multidimensional analytic engine embedded in Oracle Database 11g. Oracle OLAP cubes deliver sophisticated calculations using simple SQL queries – producing results with speed of thought response times. Take your data analysis to a new level with the latest Excel 2013 functionality, including slicers, sparklines, named sets and drill-through. Direct connectivity to live data means that you don’t have to load a static copy of your data into Excel or a mid-tier server. Critical Excel files are always up-to-date with your current enterprise data. As a client-side driver, it’s easy to deploy, cost effective and low maintenance. No additional mid-tier servers or add-ins are needed. No special training is required. If users are familiar with Microsoft Excel PivotTables, accessing Oracle data is the same as Excel connecting to any data source.
- Native Microsoft Excel PivotTable support for Oracle OLAP
- Connects leading analytic/reporting apps, including SAP BusinessObjects®, Cognos® Software, Microstrategy®, and more to Oracle OLAP
- Complies with OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO) and XML for Analysis (XMLA) specifications
- Exposes all Oracle OLAP cube features to BI client tools for analysis
- Enables BI features like drill through from summary to source data, advanced date and time filtering, formatting, creation of calculated members on the client, and more
- Directly connects to Oracle OLAP without extracting and storing data
- Has a client only ODBO installation, or a thin mid-tier installation for XMLA that requires no client software
- XMLA installations include monitoring, logging, and other system administrator features
- Supports Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, and 64-bit Linux operating systems (certified on SUSE Linux 11)
- Uses Oracle Database Enterprise Edition Release 220.127.116.11 (or later) server with OLAP Option
- Supports MDX 1999 and 2005 query language
Supported BI clients for Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP: XMLA edition:
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, edition for OLAP v4 and later
- Any other XMLA client
What versions of the Oracle database does Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP support?
Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP supports Oracle 11gR1.07 and later. Oracle “OLAP D Patch,” 9147749, is required for production servers running 18.104.22.168, while Oracle “OLAP A Patch,” 9219338, is required for production servers running 22.214.171.124. (Evaluation on unpatched servers is ok, but the OLAP patch provides a number of performance enhancements.)
Which BI clients does MDX for Oracle OLAP- XMLA edition work with?
We have tested most extensively with SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for OLAP 4.0 and later. It works with Cognos 10 and Microstrategy 9.2 and later. We support all XMLA interfaces, just ask!
How can I purchase Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP?
Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP is licensed directly by Simba Technologies and its partners.
Contact us for pricing and licensing information.
How much does Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP cost?
Contact us for pricing and licensing information.
I’m an Oracle sales representative. How can I access Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP for demonstrations?
Contact us today for more information on demos and pricing models.
Does Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP support value-based hierarchies?
Yes, Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP supports value-based hierarchies.
Is there an API for Simba MDX Provider for Oracle OLAP that is accessible via Visual Basic or another language?
It works with ADOMD.Net as a programming interface.
What software do I need to install?
MDX for Oracle OLAP – XMLA Edition is a middle-tier Java-based web application. To deploy this web application, you need to install the following:
- Oracle ODBC driver
Once you have installed this software, you can deploy the MDX for Oracle OLAP – XMLA Edition package to JBoss.
Why did Oracle choose to partner with Simba Technologies?
Simba Technologies is the de facto independent expert on the MDX query language. Simba is the only company that offers data connectivity solutions for both SQL and MDX.
Founded in 1991, Simba worked on the ODBC specification, and the OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO) and MDX specification with Microsoft. Simba also was a founding member of the XMLA Council, chairing its Interoperability SIG and hosting its InterOp events.
Simba assisted Hyperion in building its MDX and XMLA interfaces. SAP’s MDX interface is also built upon Simba’s technology. Simba is the only independent company with knowledge and technology encompassing Microsoft’s newest MDX enhancements. More than half of all MDX providers in use today were built using Simba’s MDX technology.
- Simba XMLA for Oracle OLAP: Administrator Guide
- Simba XMLA for Oracle OLAP: User Guide
- Simba XMLA for Oracle Linux: Administrator Guide