“Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers will bring a new level of fast, seamless connectivity to Couchbase Server. This integration will make it easier for data analysts—whether they’re using Tableau, Excel, QlikView, SAP Lumira, or any other BI application to quickly access data in Couchbase Server.” – Rod Hamlin, Couchbase Vice President of Global Business Development
Improved Analyst Productivity
SQL-based BI and ETL tools require a relational view of data (“schema”) and so they cannot work directly with NoSQL data sources, which do not require a pre-defined schema. Simba drivers feature an auto-generation mechanism for defining a relational schema whereby collections of documents are mapped to relational tables, and composite data types, such as arrays, are mapped to virtual re-normalized tables. Included with the drivers is Simba’s Schema Editor tool for viewing and editing these auto-generated schemas. Once the schema is finalized, the schema can be uploaded into the database to ensure that all users use the same schema. This enables analysts and data scientists to seamlessly work with NoSQL data sources using familiar BI tools without a need to learn a new tool or query language.
Couchbase has its own powerful query language in N1QL (pronounced “nickel”), which adds on to SQL the ability to query JSON documents. Analysts and data scientists can continue to take advantage of the expressive nature of the N1QL query language as the drivers fully understand N1QL.
High Performance, Reliability and Security
Simba Couchbase drivers intelligently distribute the workload between Couchbase Server and the driver by translating as many SQL operations as possible to N1QL and passing down these operations to the N1QL query engine for execution, while taking care of operations that are not directly supported by it.
With the simple click of a button, Couchbase Server users can scale their database by adding nodes and taking advantage of the inherent automated, elastic scaling features. The Simba Couchbase drivers seamlessly support this elastic scaling by supporting load balancing and failover between nodes to drive further performance.
The Simba Couchbase drivers support using the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol for encrypting the connection between the driver and Couchbase Server.
- Powerful SQL Connector allows users to define schemas on the fly on schema-less data
- Bundled Schema Editor allows further customization and sharing of auto generated schema
- Direct BI Tool connectivity to data without extraction
- Full compatibility with leading analytic/reporting apps, including Microsoft Excel, Tableau and more
- Adds SQL-92 capabilities to Couchbase
- Maps SQL to Couchbase’s N1QL query language with N1QL pass-through query option
- Collaborative query execution distributes the load between the server and the driver
- Improve application reliability and performance by automatically distributing query processing across the nodes in a Couchbase cluster
- Secure data in transit with SSL
- Supports Couchbase Server 4.5
- Complies with the latest ODBC 3.8 Specification
- Complies with the latest JDBC 4.0 and 4.1 specifications
- Support for 32- and 64-bit applications
- Supports Unicode
- Supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS
- Supports ANSI SQL-92
- Supports N1QL
- Couchbase ODBC Install Guide | Windows
- Couchbase ODBC Install Guide | Mac
- Couchbase ODBC Install Guide | Linux
- Couchbase ODBC Quickstart Guide
- Couchbase JDBC Install Guide
- Schema Editor User Guide
- ODBC Troubleshooting: How to Enable ODBC Tracing
Get Couchbase ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector
Access Couchbase data via auto-generated schema; that maps buckets and collections to renormalized SQL virtual tables or leverage expressiveness of N1QL query language for the native interface to Couchbase.Download Now 30 Days Free Trial Purchase