The Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver provides SQL access directly to SQL Server data on Windows, Linux, and Mac platforms.
With the Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver, you can deliver scalability, full BI application functionality, and real-time analytics to users. The Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver is built with the SimbaEngine SDK, the industry-leading connectivity development environment.
The Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver is ODBC 3.8 data-standard compliant, and includes important functionality like support for OSX and 32- and 64-bit capability for high-performance cloud-computing environments.
- Offers direct SQL BI connectivity to SQL Server data via the ODBC API, with no extraction needed
- Complies with the latest ODBC 3.8 data standard, which includes support for asynchronous execution
- Supports Mac, Windows and Linux platforms
- Multiplatform support, including Windows, Mac and major Linux distributions
- Automatic mapping between common SQL Server data types and ANSI SQL data types
- Supports encrypted communication with SQL Server over SSL
- Support Kerberos authentication
- Flexible driver level logging and ODBC tracing
- ODBC 3.80 Support
- Unicode Support
- Support for 32- and 64-bit platforms
- Tested with SQL Server 2005 to 2014
- Supported on Windows 7 SP1, 8, or 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, or 2012 R2
- Supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6, or 7, CentOS 5, 6, or 7, SUSE Enterprise Server 11 or 12, Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04, Debian 7
- Support for iODBC 3.52.7 or later, or unixODBC 2.3.0 or later
- Support for Mac OS X 10.9 or 10.10
- SQL Server ODBC Install Guide | Windows
- SQL Server ODBC Install Guide | Mac
- SQL Server ODBC Install Guide | Linux
- SQL Server ODBC Quickstart Guide
- ODBC Troubleshooting: How to Enable ODBC Tracing