New ODBC and JDBC Drivers – Already in Use by Key Partners – Extend Simba’s Retail Family of Big Data Connectivity Solutions to Microsoft, Amazon Data Platforms
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA – September 29, 2015 – Today Simba Technologies Inc.®, the worldwide leader in Big Data connectivity, announced the release of new ODBC and JDBC drivers for SQL Server, DynamoDB, and Redshift data sources. Today marks the launch of five new Simba Technologies Big Data ODBC and JDBC drivers:
- Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver
- Simba Amazon DynamoDB ODBC Driver with SQL Connector
- Simba Amazon DynamoDB JDBC Driver with SQL Connector
- Simba Amazon Redshift ODBC Driver
- Simba Amazon Redshift JDBC Driver
“Big Data innovators need compatibility with all driver managers on all data platforms,” notes Simba Technologies CTO George Chow. “With these releases, Simba makes that a reality. The new Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver, for instance, is the first to provide ODBC driver access to SQL Server data from the Mac platform. It’s first—and best—in class, and that’s why both Microsoft and Tableau Software embed it in their BI solutions.”
Today’s driver releases deliver several key user benefits:
- The Simba Microsoft SQL Server ODBC Driver offers native support for data access from the Mac platform.
- Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers for DynamoDB bring relational access to NoSQL data, and even offer data virtualization, which ensures that traditional BI tools can now work effectively (and efficiently) with unstructured data.
- The Simba ODBC and JDBC drivers for Redshift deliver exceptional performance (far-outpacing open-source alternatives), are easy to set up, and provide standards-based BI access to cloud-based Redshift data.
“Our partners succeed with Simba because of the wealth of connectivity solutions we provide,” says Simba Technologies VP of Marketing Toph Whitmore. “And our partners’ customers succeed with Simba because—thanks to our SQL Connector technology—they can leverage their SQL expertise with their preferred data source, even when that preferred data source is a NoSQL data store like DynamoDB.”
Simba Technologies’ connectivity drivers – including connectivity solutions for SQL Server, DynamoDB, Redshift, Spark, MongoDB, Cassandra, Google BigQuery, HBase, Hive, Impala, Salesforce, and SAP data sources – are available for individual, enterprise, and OEM licensing. For more information and to sign up for a free trial, visit www.simba.com/connectors. For more information about Simba Technologies, visit the Simba website at http://www.simba.com.
About Simba Technologies Inc.
Simba Technologies (www.simba.com, @SimbaTech) is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access and analytics products and solutions for both relational and multi-dimensional data sources. Simba provides data connectivity solutions to many of the world’s leading companies on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux and many mobile device platforms. Simba’s data connectivity products support multiple interfaces, including ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO), XML for Analysis (XMLA), ADO, ADO.NET, ADOMD and ADOMD.NET.
Simba’s software is used worldwide. Its customers include leading independent software vendors and global enterprises like Alteryx®, Altiscale®, Cloudera®, Couchbase®, Databricks®, DataStax®, Google®, Hortonworks®, MapR®, Microsoft®, Oracle®, Qubole®, SAP®, Splunk®, Tableau®, and Teradata®.
Company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Simba Technologies Inc.
(604) 633-0008 x140