1. Why did Magnitude Software acquire Simba Technologies?
The combination of the two companies furthers our strategic vision to enable enterprise-wide visibility and insights for our customers. It enables Magnitude (leading provider of enterprise information management software) to drive growth by bolstering our solution portfolio with connectivity capabilities to a wide array of heterogeneous applications and data sources. For Simba (global provider of standards-based relational and multi-dimensional data connectivity), the value is in becoming part of a global organization, enabling a broader go-to-market strategy and increasing competitive advantage in the marketplace.
2. What does this mean for Simba customers?
Magnitude’s highest priority is customer success and that includes taking care of existing Simba customers alongside exploring future opportunities for technology integration and innovation. In the longer term, the combined strengths of Magnitude and Simba opens opportunities for both sets of customers to leverage a broader range of complementary solutions. The acquisition offers numerous benefits to existing Simba customers including:
- Intensified focus on customers: Magnitude Software’s core philosophy is centered on customer success where innovative and agile products, technology-enabled support, tailored “success plans” and assigned advocates ensure the best possible customer outcomes.
- Broad future offerings: A focus on product development coupled with Magnitude Software’s philosophy of acquiring adjacent technologies to create capable solutions sooner means that customers who invested in our products may get more future value than they ever anticipated.
- Endless innovation possibilities: An essential element of Magnitude Software’s business philosophy is innovation. Access to increased resources will allow Simba’s superior cross-platform data access solutions to serve as a pivot for broader Magnitude applications in the growing heterogeneous enterprise information management space.
3. What does this mean for Magnitude customers?
Magnitude customers will now have access to a broader range of technology solutions, including products that enable connectivity to a wide variety of data sources.
4. How will Simba’s Senior Management Team Change?
Simba’s strong, proven management team was a critical factor in the acquisition. The acquisition allows Magnitude to establish a new and critical pillar in our solution portfolio, with Simba CEO, Amyn Rajan as General Manager of Connectivity Solutions. This new role is important to the execution of Magnitude’s strategic growth plan. George Chow and Jerry Wu, key executives with Simba for more for 10 years, will continue to provide leadership and expertise in Engineering, including current Simba development efforts.
5. Will there be any changes to the current service level or existing customer contacts?
No. All existing service level agreements and support arrangements will continue without interruption and Simba’s customers will work with their existing Support and Engineering contacts.
Ensuring Simba’s existing and soon-to-be customers are successful is a Magnitude Software priority. Simba will operate within the Magnitude Software family and we will continue to service and support existing products, as well as commit resources to enhancing product value for customers.
6. Who should I contact if I have further questions on the acquisition?
Feel free to communicate with your existing Simba or Magnitude customer representative if you have any questions or need additional information. We will continue to be proactive in communicating to customers any changes that directly affect them.
If you would like to stay informed of the latest Magnitude Software news and developments, please visit www.magnitudesoftware.com.
Additional contact information for both Simba and Magnitude are as follows:
General Questions – Magnitude Software
General Questions – Simba Technologies
Press & Media Contact:
Nick Sneath, Scratch Marketing + Media