Today, we announced the launch of version two of our Cassandra ODBC connector. The release introduces several new features, including:
- Mac Support – Lets Mac users connect directly to Cassandra data clusters.
- ODBC 3.8 Support – This is the first ODBC 3.8-compliant Cassandra driver in the market, and it takes advantage of features in the latest ODBC 3.8 standard, including asynchronous execution.
- SQL Query Capability – Enables SQL queries on NoSQL Cassandra data.
- Cassandra 2.x Compatibility – Leverages the faster performance and improved security of Cassandra V2.x.
- CQL Pass-through Capability – Delivers native CQL3 or CQL2 data access to clustered Cassandra data, enabling users to create queries in CQL or SQL.
Learn more in our Cassandra ODBC Driver release notes here.