Using Qlik Sense
You can import your data into a Qlik Sense app through an ODBC connection. You specify which tables and columns in your data store to load into Qlik Sense, and then construct charts and stories to analyze and present that data.
The following procedure is written for Qlik Sense Desktop 2.1. Simba ODBC drivers also support earlier versions of Qlik Sense Desktop.
Make sure that the bitness of the driver that you are using matches the bitness of Qlik Sense Desktop. If you are using the 32-bit version of Qlik Sense Desktop, then you need to use the 32-bit version of the driver. If you are using the 64-bit version of Qlik Sense Desktop, then you need to use the 64-bit version of the driver. For more information about diagnosing the issue, see Architecture Mismatch Problems.
To retrieve data using Qlik Sense:
- In Qlik Sense Desktop, from the Qlik Sense Desktop Hub, click Create New App.
- In the Create New App dialog box, type the name of your new app and click Create, and then click Open App.
- In the new app, click Add Data.
- In the Select a Data Source dialog box, make sure that Connect My Data is selected, and then click ODBC.
- In the Create New Connection (ODBC) dialog box, make sure that System DSN and the correct bitness for your version of Qlik Sense Desktop are selected.
- From the list of data sources, select your DSN.
- If your data store requires authentication, then type your credentials in the Username and Password fields.
- Click Next .
- In the Select Data dialog box, from the list of tables, select the check box next to each table that you want to include in your app.
- To specify which columns from each table to include in your app, select the table, and then select the columns to include.
- When you are done selecting the tables and columns that you need, click Load and Finish. The Select Data dialog box closes and the Data Loading dialog box opens.
- When the data has finished loading, click Edit the Sheet.
You can now use Qlik Sense to analyze the data in those tables.
For more information about connecting to a database in Qlik Sense, see the Qlik Sense help site: https://help.qlik.com.