Magnitude's Simba ODBC driver for Amazon S3 enables standard SQL-92 access directly to data, without extraction, via Amazon S3’s native web services Application Programming Interface (API).
Deliver scalability, full application functionality and real-time analytic capabilities to Amazon S3 users. Access Amazon S3 via SQL from Excel, Tableau, Power BI or your BI tool of choice for your reporting.
The Simba Amazon S3 ODBC Driver provides stored procedures that you can use to create, view, modify, and delete objects from an Amazon S3 data source. Amazon S3 stores data in structures (files and buckets) which do not follow the rules of data typing and structure that apply to traditional relational tables and columns. Because traditional ODBC toolsets might not support these data structures, the data needs to be mapped to a relational form. The Simba Amazon S3 ODBC Driver uses schema tables to map the S3 data to an ODBC-compatible format. High-performance data access is achieved through Simba SQL Engine’s built-in Collaborative Query Execution (CQE) feature, which ensures that filter and aggregation workflows are passed directly to Amazon S3 rather than being processed within a client application or intermediary system.
The driver complies with the ODBC 3.80 data standard and adds important functionality such as Unicode, as well as 32- and 64-bit support for high-performance computing environments on all platforms.
- Direct BI connectivity to data without extraction
- Full compatibility with leading analytic/reporting apps, including Microsoft Excel & Access, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik and more
- Provides full driver and query metadata
- Adds aggregation and join capabilities for queries
- Passes down supported operations for increased performance
- Support for ODBC 3.8
- Supports Amazon S3 API version 2006-03-01
- Supports 32- and 64-bit applications
- Supports IAM authentication
- Supports TLS 1.1/1.2
- Uses OpenSSL 1.0.2
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Supports Unicode
- Supports multiple platforms, including Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- Supports ANSI SQL-92