Magnitude’s Simba Drill ODBC and JDBC drivers deliver ODBC 3.8 & JDBC 4.1 for Apache Drill’s low-latency SQL Query Engine.
Drill provides an ANSI SQL query layer and also exposes metadata information through an ANSI SQL standard metadata database called INFORMATION_SCHEMA. The Simba Drill ODBC and JDBC Drivers leverage INFORMATION_SCHEMA to expose Drill’s metadata to BI tools as needed.
Apache Drill is a schema-free SQL query engine for Hadoop, NoSQL, and cloud storage. Drill provides analysts with instant, self-service analytics on multiple data sources without having to load data, manage schemas, or pre-process data. The Simba ODBC & JDBC drivers are the ideal complement for Drill’s dynamic SQL-querying capabilities and support for schema-less data.
Magnitude’s Simba Drill ODBC and JDBC Drivers support both catalogs and schemas to make it easy for the driver to work with various ODBC|JDBC applications. Since Drill only organizes tables into schemas/databases, the drivers provide a synthetic catalog named DRILL under which all the schemas/databases are organized. The driver also maps the ODBC | JDBC schema to the Drill catalog.
- Use SQL to access data via Drill from analytic applications such as Power BI, QlikView, Tableau and more.
- Drill Explorer Tool for quick data exploration, prevising SQL query result and creating views.
- Support native API calls and auto switching to backward compatibility mode for Apache Drill version 1.8.0 and lower for ODBC and 1.12.0 and lower for JDBC
- Support for Custom SASL Plugin Directory
- Support for custom connection properties to be passed to the server
- Support for returning the server version through SQLGetInfo
- Support for specifying catalog and default schema
- Support for new data types
- Support for Basic Authentication (prior to Apache Drill 1.10.0), Plain and Kerberos
- OpenSSL 1.0.2 Library
- Supports 32 and 64 bit applications
- Supports Windows, Linux and OSX platforms
- Compiles with JDBC 4.1 specification
- Catalog and Schema Support
- Complies with latest ODBC 3.8 specification
- Data Types: The driver supports many common data formats, converting between Drill data types and SQL data types.
- Security and Authentication: The driver provides a mechanism that enables you to authenticate your connection using your Drill user name and password or the Kerberos protocol.
- Drill ODBC Driver User Guide | Win
- Drill ODBC Driver User Guide | Mac
- Drill ODBC Driver User Guide | Linux
- Drill ODBC Driver Quickstart
- Drill JDBC Driver User Guide
- ODBC Troubleshooting: How to Enable ODBC Tracing
Questions? Ready to Buy?
We'll get back to you within the next business day.
Evaluation and Sales Support If you are evaluating our drivers or our SimbaEngine X SDK, our Sales Engineers would be happy to assist you. If you are ready to buy or you require licensing information, please complete the form provided, or contact us by email or phone: +1-604-633-0008 x2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We value privacy and will never share your information.