The Simba Amazon DynamoDB ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector are simply the best ways to connect your BI application of choice to your DynamoDB data. The Simba Amazon DynamoDB ODBC and JDBC Drivers with SQL Connector give you relational access to your NoSQL data, so you (and your analysts) can leverage existing SQL expertise to query NoSQL data. Simba’s ODBC and JDBC drivers for DynamoDB can also virtualize your data, which ensures that your traditional BI tools work effectively—even with unstructured data.
Since the Amazon DynamoDB data warehouse is schema-less, Simba’s DynamoDB drivers with SQL Connector allow users to define schemas on the fly, providing a powerful SQL window into DynamoDB data. In addition, the Simba SQL Engine’s built-in Collaborative Query Execution (CQE) passes down filters to provide high-performance access to DynamoDB databases.
- SQL interface offers relational access to your NoSQL data
- Data virtualization ensures traditional BI tools work effectively with your unstructured data
- Preserves nested DynamoDB document structure by translating it into hierarchical SQL schema of virtual tables
- ODBC driver complies with the ODBC 3.80 data standard, including asynchronous execution
- Includes Unicode and 32- and 64-bit support
- Bundled schema tool allows fine-tuning of the mapping between schema-less DynamoDB data structure and relational SQL schema
- Provides SQL ODBC and JDBC interfaces that enable applications to work with data stored in DynamoDB
- Support complex DynamoDB data types such as lists, maps, and sets, by converting them into virtual tables
- Generates a database schema that maps the DynamoDB data to a SQL-compatible format
- Expanded Schema support for numeric data types
- Allows easy editing of generated schema using bundled Schema Editor
- Renormalization supported for multiple levels of nested data
- Improved driver performance thanks to configurable parallelization of data scans
- Support for on-premise and AWS hosted DynamoDB instances
- Support for IAM credentials and credentials file
- ODBC 3.80 support
- JDBC 4.2, 4.1 and 4.0 support
- Support for 32- and 64-bit platforms
- Unicode support
- Support for iODBC 3.52.7 or later, or unixODBC 2.3.0 or later
- Support for Mac OS X 10.9 or 10.10
- Supported on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5,6, or 7, CentOS 5, 6, or 7, SUSE Enterprise Server 11 or 12, Ubuntu 12.04 or 14.04, Debian 7 or 8
- Supported on Windows 7 SP1, 8, or 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012, or 2012 R2
- Simba DynamoDB ODBC Install Guide | Windows
- Simba DynamoDB ODBC Install Guide | Mac
- Simba DynamoDB ODBC Install Guide | Linux
- Simba DynamoDB ODBC Quickstart Guide
- Simba DynamoDB JDBC Install Guide
- ODBC Troubleshooting: How to Enable ODBC Tracing
- Simba ODBC & JDBC Schema Editor User Guide
Questions? Ready to Buy?
We'll get back to you within the next business day.
Evaluation and Sales Support If you are evaluating our drivers or our SimbaEngine X SDK, our Sales Engineers would be happy to assist you. If you are ready to buy or you require licensing information, please complete the form provided, or contact us by email or phone: +1-604-633-0008 x2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We value privacy and will never share your information.