Move beyond simple rows and columns and let your database do the heavy lifting for the types of calculations it does best. Our MDX Engine performs advanced calculations that allow users to interactively slice and dice, filter, and explore data in BI tools.
The SimbaProvider SDK provides:
- Complete Solution – the only complete ODBO SDK and XMLA SDK providing an open framework to quickly and easily develop a quality ODBO Provider or XMLA Provider without changing your existing product architecture.
- Cost Effective – significantly reduce development time, simplify maintenance, and add interoperability with leading applications.
- Global Enterprises – provide an ODBO or XMLA interface to corporate data sources and cubes that are required to drive key business functions.
- Any Data – robust 32-bit and 64-bit ODBO Providers and 32-bit and 64-bit, .NET-based and Java-based XMLA Providers contain complete 32-bit and 64-bit MDX 2005 compliant engines, providing your database with full MDX capabilities.
How It Works
MDX Engine implements built-in MDX functions, such as filter, to operate efficiently on data sets that live on the server. This allows it to calculate the summary values and use one data model across many different BI clients.
An easy-to-use, point-and-click interface enables you to connect to models, get summary values, and slice and dice data to integrate with the newest generation of analytical applications and development environments, such as SAP BusinessObjects, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Excel, ADOMD, ADOMD.NET and many others.
What’s New In Version 4.6
- Implementers can leverage the power of their database and accelerate performance by implementing a method to delegate queries and simple subqueries.
- Better performance and memory utilization in XMLA service and MDX query language engine.
Visual Studio 2015 support.
Enhanced BI client support
- Excel 2013 & 2016.
- SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for OLAP 4.1.
- Added support to connect to XMLA via MSOLAP using Tableau, Microstrategy, XLCubed and via ADOMD.NET using Reporting Services.
- XMLA service available on both JBoss and Tomcat.
- Linux sample included with SDK.
- Added Java 8/JBoss EAP 7 support
Quicker to evaluate
- No third-party software required.
- All new documentation and quick-start guide.
Best-in-Class Standards Support
- Real-time OLAP cube interface – no pre-aggregations or cube processing required.
- OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO) and XMLA protocol support.
- JBoss and Tomcat web application server support.
- Compatible with many popular BI clients including Microsoft Excel, SAP BusinessObjects Analysis, Edition for OLAP.
Flexible and Extensible
- High performance MDX engine written in C++.
- Advanced XMLA service layer written in Java.
- Code in Visual Studio 2015 or Eclipse.
- ADOMD.Net programming interface to the XMLA service.
- Full set of MDX functions implemented to specification.
- Customizable to use power of underlying data source to perform query computations.
- Quick start guide and technical reference documentation.
- Responsive customer support.
- Windows and Linux sample provider.
- Easily and fully rebrandable
- Windows Vista Business (32- and 64-bit, SP1 required for .NET XMLA on 64-bit), Windows Server 2008 (64-bit), Windows Server 2012 (64-bit), Windows 7, Windows 8
- SUSE Linux ES11 SP2 (x64)
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- ODBO: Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, and/or 2013
- XMLA: SimbaO2X plus Microsoft Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, and/or 2013, or access to any other BI client that uses the XMLA protocol
If you plan to develop in Java, you will also need:
- JDK 1.7 SDK (64bit)
- Eclipse 3.7 or higher
- JBoss 7.1 or higher or Tomcat 7
- Ant 1.9
If you plan to develop in Java on Linux, you will also need:
- GCC 4.3.4
Get SimbaProvider OLAP SDK
Industry’s Leading MDX and OLAP SDK for Advanced OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO) and XML for Analysis (XMLA) Data AccessDownload Now 30 Days Free Trial