- Any Data – Provides data access to SQL-enabled, NO SQL or Proprietary data sources such as Big Data, Relational Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses all in an enterprise grade solution.
- Anywhere – Whether you need to access your data on a Mobile device, laptop or desktop, our flexible solutions support Client or Client/Server or Private/Public cloud architectures
- Any time – Connect in real time to Excel, Tableau or any reporting and analytics platforms on your desktop or in the cloud via Industry Standard data access protocols.
- Do it yourself – Designed for ISV’s or Internet Enterprise customers to be able to quickly and effectively create the connections needed to access all your important data.
- Built it in 5 Days – Enables flexible, robust enterprise grade solutions at a fraction of the cost of traditional development efforts…or use our OEM program and we can build it for you.
- Expert in a Box – Leverage Simba’s years of experience and millions of test done on drivers built using our SDK by leading Data customers globally
Get the SimbaEngine SDK
And build your custom
ODBC Driver in only 5 days
We provide you with our complete SimbaEngine SDK Evaluation Software and a dedicated support team to assist you throughout the evaluation effort at no cost. Download a 30-day evaluation of SimbaEngine SDK
Free Evaluation License &
Dedicated Support Team
SimbaEngine SDK supports the latest data standard advancements to ensure the utmost interoperability with ODBC standard-based products in the marketplace.
Simba is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access products and solutions. Our expertise is the result of a substantial knowledge base and skillset that has been acquired by our team over many years.
Quick and Easy ODBC Driver Development for Industry-Standard, High Performance Data Connectivity
SimbaEngine’s ODBC SDK supports a wide variety of implementations to meet your project and system requirements. The SimbaEngine ODBC toolkit includes all the components you need to deploy your ODBC driver as a single tier, two-tier or three-tier standards-based solution in as little as a few days. Key ODBC Features The SimbaEngine ODBC toolkit provides you with a complete set of components to quickly, easily and cost-effectively implement a full-featured ODBC driver. Following the ODBC SDK’s comprehensive documentation, you can choose to add an array of pre-defined functionality to easily deploy a fully-optimized ODBC driver ideally suited to your data connectivity requirements. SimbaEngine ODBC SDK supports the latest data standard advancements to ensure the utmost interoperability with ODBC standard-based products in the marketplace.
- ODBC 3.8 Support
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK supports the ODBC 3.8 specification, as well as custom metadata and attributes for greater flexibility.
- Unicode Support
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK provides Unicode support for character sets of all international languages. This allows your customers to access their data in virtually any language, resulting in the widest interoperability. Unicode capable ODBC drivers also improve performance and remove the restrictions inherent in Unicode and ANSI mapping.
- 32 and 64-bit Support
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK natively supports both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms, including Windows, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX and Mac OS. In addition, 32-bit and 64-bit platforms will interoperate across the client/server connection.
- Support for SQL and Non-SQL Data Stores
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK supports both SQL-enabled and non-SQL data stores. Non-SQL data stores can use Simba’s SQL Engine to provide SQL processing. SQL-enabled data stores will use SimbaODBC to provide ODBC 3.52 processing.
- Collaborative Query Execution
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK’s innovative Collaborative Query Execution allows your data store to execute the parts of the query for which it is designed and dynamically leave the rest of the query to be executed by Simba SQL Engine. Because Simba SQL Engine does not redundantly execute the same parts of the query as your data store, your SimbaEngine ODBC SDK data driver delivers the full performance of your data store.
- Dynamic Indexing within the SQL Engine
Simba SQL Engine supports dynamic indices creation on joining columns when no such indices exist. This speeds up table joins exponentially for faster data access and information retrieval.
- Pass-Down Processing
Table filters, joins and aggregations can be passed down to your data store for execution if your data store is optimized for those functions.
- Stored Procedures
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK supports Stored Procedures.
- Scalar Functions
Support is provided for over 60 scalar and aggregate functions, in addition to allowing you to define your own custom functions.
- Custom SQL Data Types
Your ODBC driver can choose to implement behaviours different from those provided by the SDK.
- Custom Data Converters
Your ODBC driver can choose to implement data conversion routines that are the most efficient possible for custom data formats.
- Interval Data Types
All 13 interval types defined by ODBC 3.52 are fully supported.
- Maintainability & Extensibility
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK uses the object-oriented paradigm, allowing you to extend features, as well as upgrade to newer versions with ease and predictability.
- Full Localization Support
All messages from the SDK and specific to the ODBC driver can be localized.
- Data Driver Samples/Template
SimbaEngine ODBC SDK’s Quickstart and Ultralight Driver Templates are specially designed to provide you with sample code and sample data from which you can quickly build your custom ODBC driver.
Get the SimbaEngine SDK
And build your custom ODBC Driver in only 5 days