Version 9.4 of Industry-leading SDK Features JDBC 4.1 Support, Tableau Certification, Multiprocess Capabilities, and Accelerated Development
VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA – November 4, 2014 – Today Simba Technologies Inc.®, the worldwide leader in Big Data connectivity announced the release of version 9.4 of its flagship SimbaEngine® Software Development Kit, the best-in-class driver-development environment for enterprise data integration. With this release, Simba enables software developers to deliver custom JDBC 4.1, ODBC 3.8, OLE DB, or ADO.NET data connectivity to SQL-enabled or non-SQL data sources.
“The SimbaEngine SDK is the market’s most technologically-advanced connectivity development environment,” says Simba Technologies CTO George Chow. “We work hard to ensure that the community of SimbaEngine developers out there can create custom drivers using the latest versions of ODBC 3.8 or JDBC 4.1. And that’s an imperative not just because we produce the SDK, but because we’re using it ourselves to build the next generation of Simba drivers.”
The SimbaEngine software development kit (SDK) enables developers to build fully-featured and high- performance data drivers (ODBC 3.8, JDBC 4.1, ADO.NET, and OLE DB) for SQL-enabled and non-SQL data stores. It also delivers native Unicode capability and the widest support for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms (including OS X).
The v9.4 released today includes leading-edge features:
- JDBC 4.1 Support: The SimbaEngine SDK is the market’s first driver-development tool of its kind to support JDBC 4.1 and its expanded API. (The SimbaEngine SDK also supports JDBC 4.0 and JDBC 3.0.)
- Multiprocess Server: The SimbaEngine SDK provides multiprocess capabilities, allowing developers the option of having a more stable server with individual processes established for each connection.
- Tableau Certification: SimbaEngine SDK developers can build with the confidence that their custom ODBC drivers will work with Tableau Software, the leading data analytics application. (Learn more about Simba’s Certified-for-Tableau program here: www.simba.com/simba-certified-for-tableau-l1.)
- Powerful Template Installers: This new edition of the SimbaEngine SDK ships with template installers…samples that make it easy and fast for developers to productize custom-built drivers. Developers make progress faster and get to market sooner.
- Componentized SQL Engine: The SimbaEngine SDK SQL Engine is a componentized SQL Engine that can add SQL capability to any data source, including Big Data/Hadoop/NoSQL, text files, XMLA files, SCADA systems, SaaS line-of-business applications, cloud data sources, and more. With Simba’s Collaborative Query Execution (CQE) capability, the SimbaEngine SDK can be used to build high-performance SQL-capable ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, and ADO.NET drivers for any data source.
Simba Technologies partner Canary Labs, a leading provider of world-class, real-time data historian and trending solutions, chose the SimbaEngine SDK for connectivity driver development. “We do not hesitate to sell the ODBC driver,” says Stan Kennedy, a project manager with the Martinsville, Pennsylvania company. “It’s an essential part of our toolkit.”
“SimbaEngine was the first and is still the only connectivity software development kit to support ODBC 3.8, and now we’re first again with JDBC 4.1 compatibility,” notes Simba Technologies CEO Amyn Rajan. “This innovative approach epitomizes our commitment to ensuring that the Simba developer community can take advantage of the latest connectivity technology. SimbaEngine is truly the secret sauce that differentiates Simba and all our drivers–relational, big data, applications—from the competition.”
Simba Technologies engineers use the SimbaEngine SDK to build connectors for Big Data, cloud, analytics, and data-integration industry leaders like Altiscale, Cloudera®, Couchbase®, Databricks®, DataStax®, Google®, Hortonworks®, Informatica®, Intel®, MapR®, Microsoft®, Qubole®, SAP®, Salesforce.com®, Splunk®, Tableau®, Teradata®, and Zettaset®. The SimbaEngine SDK 9.4 platform is available for individual, enterprise, and OEM licensing. For more information about the SimbaEngine SDK 9.4 and to sign up for a free trial, visit www.simba.com/products/simba-engine-sdk. To see how easy it is to develop a connectivity driver using the SimbaEngine SDK in just five days, visit www.simba.com/resources/webinars/build-a-driver-in-5-days. For more information on the Simba Certified-for-Tableau program, check out www.simba.com/simba-certified-for-tableau-l1.
About Simba Technologies Inc.
Simba Technologies (www.simba.com, @SimbaTech) is the recognized world leader in standards-based data access and analytics products and solutions for both relational and multi-dimensional data sources. Simba provides data connectivity solutions to many of the world’s leading companies on various platforms, including Windows, Mac, UNIX, Linux and many mobile device platforms. Simba’s data connectivity products support multiple interfaces, including ODBC, JDBC, OLE DB, OLE DB for OLAP (ODBO), XML for Analysis (XMLA), ADO, ADO.NET, ADOMD and ADOMD.NET.
Simba’s software is used worldwide. Its customers include leading independent software vendors and global enterprises like Alteryx®, Altiscale®, Cloudera®, Couchbase®, Databricks®, Datastax®, Google®, Hortonworks®, MapR®, Microsoft®, Oracle®, Qubole®, SAP®, Splunk®, Tableau®, and Teradata®.
Company and product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
Simba Technologies Inc.
(604) 633-0008 x140