Installing the Driver
The Simba Athena ODBC Driver is available for macOS as a
.dmg file named
Simba Athena 1.0.dmg. The driver supports both 32- and 64-bit client applications.
To install the Simba Athena ODBC Driver:
Double-click Simba Athena 1.0.dmg to mount the disk image.
Double-click Simba Athena 1.0.pkg to run the installer.
- In the installer, click Continue.
- On the Software License Agreement screen, click Continue, and when the prompt appears, click Agree if you agree to the terms of the License Agreement.
- Optionally, to change the installation location, click Change Install Location, then select the desired location, and then click Continue.
By default, the driver files are installed in the
- To accept the installation location and begin the installation, click Install.
- When the installation completes, click Close.
If you received a license file through email, then copy the license file into the
/lib subfolder in the driver installation directory. You must have root privileges when changing the contents of this folder.
For example, if you installed the driver to the default location, you would copy the license file into the
Next, configure the environment variables on your machine to make sure that the
ODBC driver manager can work with the driver. For more information, see Configuring the ODBC Driver Manager.