Creating a Data Source Name
Typically, after installing the Simba Concur ODBC Driver, you need to create a Data Source Name (DSN).
Alternatively, for information about DSN-less connections, see Using a Connection String.
To create a Data Source Name:
- From the Start menu, go to ODBC Data Sources.
Make sure to select the ODBC Data Source Administrator that has the same bitness as the client application that you are using to connect to Concur.
- In the ODBC Data Source Administrator, click the Drivers tab, and then scroll down as needed to confirm that the Simba Concur ODBC Driver appears in the alphabetical list of ODBC drivers that are installed on your system.
- Choose one:
- To create a DSN that only the user currently logged into Windows can use, click the User DSN tab.
- Or, to create a DSN that all users who log into Windows can use, click the System DSN tab.
In the Create New Data Source dialog box, select Simba Concur ODBC Driver and then click Finish. The Simba Concur ODBC Driver DSN Setup dialog box opens.
In the Data Source Name field, type a name for your DSN.
Optionally, in the Description field, type relevant details about the DSN.
It is recommended that you create a System DSN instead of a User DSN. Some applications load the data using a different user account, and might not be able to detect User DSNs that are created under another user account.
- In the Host field, type the URL of the Concur instance that you are connecting to.
- Optionally, in the Port field, type the number of the TCP port that the Concur instance uses to listen for client connections.
- In the Authentication section, configure the authentication options. For more information, see Configuring Authentication.
- To enable double-buffering and prefetch data when executing queries, select the Enable Double Buffering check box.
- To enable TLS/SSL encryption, select the Use HTTPS check box.
- To configure logging behavior for the driver, click Logging Options. For more information, see Configuring Logging Options.
- To test the connection, click Test. Review the results as needed, and then click OK.
If the connection fails, then confirm that the settings in the Simba Concur ODBC Driver DSN Setup dialog box are correct. Contact your Concur server administrator as needed.
- To save your settings and close the Simba Concur ODBC Driver DSN Setup dialog box, click OK.
- To close the ODBC Data Source Administrator, click OK.